Sunday, August 20, 2023

More from the critter cam

 The usual suspects continue to walk/run/fly by, which is why it has taken so long to post this. Here are some of the highlights.

The turkeys seem to be everywhere this year, but I can never get this close. They are something to see.



The skunk (only one I hope) keeps dropping by in late Spring and early Summer between the hours of 12 and 4 AM. The video from this year looks identical to last year so I didn't post.
The Porcupine was seen waddling around again this year, another reason to not go wandering around in the middle of the night!

And we have someone new here, and they are not welcome.  I'm not sure what drew them here, we are pretty deep in the woods. I can only imagine it is from the new human neighbor on the property nearby. Fortunately, they were only seen for a week on the critter cam. 
Groundhog. Woodchuck. Pain in the butt if they start digging.


If you weren't sure of the difference between Fox and Coyote, this might help. 
Coyote above, Fox below


In April we had a brief visit from a Bear Cub in the rain. 

As the seasons progressed I moved the critter cam to see what else it could find. Crows, Ravens? Not sure, but it's kind of cool that the critter cam can capture birds in flight.


I have seen bear scat and signs of bedding here, so am curious what I will see as the year progresses. I also have seen signs of deer, so I have to include these - the first images captured from the new location.


I hope you enjoy the videos, and if you have further information about any of these critters, let me know in the comments.








  


No comments:

Post a Comment