Saturday, June 26, 2010

third and forth week




The camera died, a new one appeared after the fact. My friend and neighbor Mike came by and we powered through tons of stuff - we laid in the first course of T1-11 (the siding), laid in the second floor and heaved the plywood up to it, and installed the double window, one of which shattered during storage - bummer.
I have since fully set in the floor (I hate installing tongue and groove from a swaying height!) tacked in the T1-11 and generally tweaked around - the wood is upstairs waiting for the framing gun, the summer solstice has come and gone, MJ (my wife) came to visit, and it sure was nice working a little less and relaxing. The weather in general has been perfect.
Like I said in the last post - there is a big difference between designing on a desktop and doing the actual building - the second floor will look markedly different from the original design. Good-bye double pane glass door that led to nowhere and weighs a ton, so long shed roof - do I really want work with 16' 2" by 12"'s (that is 16 feet long, 2 inches deep and 12 inches wide) 25 feet over the ground at it's highest? Switching to a gable roof that will use 8' rafters will be much easier!


Some wanted to see where I stay during the construction - its a gigantic two room tent with room to stand up in - totally deluxe!

2 comments:

  1. I'll take a few shots of the interior-sweeeet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey david...where are the shots of the new lue lacal? I did all that landscaping hehehehe

    ReplyDelete