Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May, finishing the outhouse and the ladder.

I completed the outhouse with interior paneling and hung the sliding door. The door was a street find - a bit silly for an outhouse, but I couldn't resist! Added screen to the inside of the door. The paneling took much longer than I expected, but gives a nice finished look to the interior. The outhouse has a maple tree to one side and an ash on the other. The ash just blocks the sliding door from fully extending, but one can still get in the loo. A future plan may be to add a small sink in there – it’s a good idea, just have to find a small enough sink.





Sanded the ladder down to #180 grade paper and oiled with Watco Danish Oil – 2 coats, finished with #0000 steel wool. Amazing how quickly the wood had picked up stains from being unprotected. It now has a buttery tone. Since there is only one spot the ladder fits, I had to rearrange the cabin so that I had room for three ladders – the ladder to be sanded, sandwiched between another 16’ ladder and a step ladder on the other side. This way I could work on the ladder without using it at the same time!

Classic Spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment