Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The North Deck

This also began with the piers from the new foundation, with some extensions. I chose to go the low tech way - digging in this dirt is too hard core for a summer place. When the frost heaves them, I will just crawl under and fix them. 
This began as a "when you get lemons, make lemonade..." plan. I had bought too many 80-# bags of cement that I didn't use, plus I left them in the rain,

so I had a lot of blocks of hardened cement to rest the piers on.

I used 16' 2 by 6 that made it easy for construction, but the warping was severe enough that I had to add the spacers.

There will be stairs here leading to the west deck

Photo taken at 1PM in July - lots of shade cover for the height of the heat of the day!

The builder at rest


No comments:

Post a Comment