Saturday, July 14, 2012

West Deck

I'm on a building frenzy!
I wanted to build decks last year, but got side tracked because of the rain. This year there has been no rain (or snow this winter) to speak of, and mild temperatures, so a-building I will go!
In March I brought down the lumber and pumped out the frames (in background) before the snow.

I built two joist frames for ease of movement - each one is 8' 3" by 10'. And yes, they are only 2 by 4 pressure treated. Since I don't live here and only get to visit intermittently, I am not into over building. Stay posted - I will let you know how it works out!
I had a fancy pants google sketch up plan, but made changes as I built. The biggest change was to pull the deck away from the cabin - those windows open out and I don't want to bang my head on them!

With all the building I have been skipping the cutting of the pasture. I'll get that next trip!

Just making sure the chairs work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment